Generating and Using Marketing Insights
Effective inbound marketing requires an in-depth understanding of consumers. But this level of insight isn’t so easy to come by. Enterprise data is often housed across multiple platforms and documents, preventing marketers from obtaining a full view of their customers and marketing performance. Even after they’ve invested in Marketing Automation software to consolidate all this data in one place, marketers still struggle to translate this information into higher sales.
That’s why we’ve put together this brief guide to maximizing marketing insights. Keep reading to learn how to leverage Marketing Automation software to generate deep insights and optimize marketing strategies.
Marketing Automation Data
Marketing Automation software is a useful solution for—no surprise—automating marketing processes. Repetitive activities like sending emails, posting on social media and other inbound marketing tasks are automated to give users more time to generate and nurture leads. But an all-in-one marketing automation system, such as HubSpot, will go beyond automating rote tasks to generate data about leads and marketing initiatives. By collecting data across the marketing funnel, the software helps users get a complete picture of prospects and customers as well as various channels.
Here’s some of the information you gain when you implement Marketing Automation software:
- Lead Management: By storing every interaction with contacts and leads, you can tailor emails, content and offers to close deals. You can also locate where leads tend to drop off in the buyer’s journey.
- Website Performance: Which blog posts are performing the best? How do most visitors arrive at your site? How long are people staying on your landing pages? Filter and drill down into analytics to get specific metrics about your website’s performance and lead generation.
- Social Media Tracking: Maintain a strong social presence by monitoring brand mentions, automatically tracking engagements and scheduling posts to be published at optimal times for your target audience.
- Marketing Channel Reports: From the HubSpot dashboard, you can track your most important reports and metrics in one place, so you never lose track of your leads and marketing strategies.
- Back-End Information: Maximize the value of your software by integrating Marketing Automation software with ERP. Through integration, marketers gain access to critical back-end data, such as quotes and orders, to help them optimize engagement strategies.
From Data to Actionable Insights
Tracking your funnel from acquisition to close constitutes a critical role in your marketing optimization, but it doesn’t end there. What use is all this data if it just sits there? That’s why insights shouldn’t just be thought of as information or data. Insights are revelations about your customers’ needs and behavior and how your strategies support or fall short of their expectations. For insights to drive improvement, they must be actionable. In other words, it should provide the information users need to clarify what actions must be taken to enhance their marketing performance.
Let’s look at how marketers can take advantage of the information from their Marketing Automation software to optimize their processes:
- Using data on your leads, you can target specific audiences, leveraging information about their interests and demographics for effective market segmentation.
- Website performance metrics can indicate which content is performing well and which is going unnoticed, giving you the insight to modify your content strategy or create a content calendar. Experiment with rich media, SEO tactics and formatting to continue optimizing your site to encourage greater traffic, sharing and conversions.
- Learn which social platforms are going strong and which are slacking. Which posts receive the most engagements? Which posts drive website traffic? Use metrics to deliver the social media experience your followers and prospects crave.
- From a single dashboard, track the performance of various channels, discovering which ones drive the most value and result in closed deals. How are leads navigating these channels? Do they have a consistent, personalized experience across channels? Learn where omnichannel and multi-channel customer journeys are falling short, and drill into data to figure out where to optimize your strategies.
- An ERP integration provides marketers with greater insight on customers, so they can learn more about their behavior, deliver personalized content and create automated email campaigns based on their orders.
Data forms the backbone of your marketing strategies, but data only brings value to your company when you use it to generate actionable insights. Once you have a deeper understanding of your customers, you can optimize processes to close more deals and increase customer loyalty.
Datix knows that the best way to maximize business insights is through software integration. With Unity, our pre-built integration application, manufacturers and distributors can seamlessly connect Epicor ERP with HubSpot Marketing Automation. Rapidly installed by our consultants, Unity is a hassle-free solution that streamlines business processes and powers bi-directional data synchronization. Unity serves as a scalable, single source of truth for enterprise management.
Connecting Epicor with HubSpot dynamically enhances your marketing insights. Find out more about Unity for HubSpot by viewing our demo video and contacting Datix today!