ERP Requirements for Quality Management
Quality management is a top objective of any manufacturer, but many businesses are going about it all wrong. Relying on manual or paper-based methods for inspection, tracking and analysis is a recipe for disaster. As manufacturing supply chains and compliance requirements grow more complex, manual processes are far too time-consuming and error prone. Legacy software also isn’t up to the challenge of modern quality standards.
The best approach to quality control is to invest in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution. An ERP system with a sophisticated quality assurance module ties together all your production processes and quality functions. This gives you deeper insights and greater efficiency to optimize manufacturing performance. To show you how ERP offers tighter quality control, we’ve provided the following video and list of ERP essentials for quality management.
Quality Management Essentials
- Granular control over every area of quality management, including nonconformant records, first article inspections and material rejections
- Real-time, accessible data to help you track materials and products throughout the supply chain and detect defects early
- Quality metrics and KPIs, such as statistical process control (SPC) and statistical quality control (SQC)
- Process automation and standardized workflows to uphold accuracy and consistency
- Built-in compliance features to adhere to industry and governmental standards and regulations
- Comprehensive solution that breaks down silos between locations and departments, providing a 360-degree view of quality and supporting greater collaboration
- Full control over inspections, so you can define specific inspection attributes and plans
- End-to-end traceability to ensure faster audits, support compliance and track supplier quality
- Cost of quality reports to identify how much quality problems are costing you and locate where parts are most often scrapped
- Discrepant material reports (DMR) to provide material review boards (MRB) with an online queue of parts that fail inspection
- Storage of inspection results for future analysis and compliance documentation
- Robust employee training and skills management
For total quality control, invest in an ERP solution with the above features. Epicor ERP includes one of the most comprehensive quality management modules. The module covers 98% of quality management functions, surpassing the average 82%. It also covers a large range of industry standards, including ISO, aerospace (AS), automotive (TS) and FDA. No solution is better equipped to handle manufacturing quality and compliance.
Datix, an Epicor Gold Partner, has over 20 years of expertise in manufacturing ERP. Our certified consultants work with each client from start to finish to execute scalable solutions that address their precise manufacturing challenges. To learn more about Epicor ERP, get in touch with one of our experts today!