Epicor Production Overview
There’s no manufacturing without production and no point in implementing a manufacturing ERP solution without production capabilities. While generic ERP is designed for universal business processes such as accounting and purchasing, software built for manufacturing expands on this functionality to support industry-specific production processes.
For nearly 50 years, Epicor has specialized in ERP software for discrete manufacturers, keeping up with the latest challenges and trends to deliver the most effective solutions. Production management modules are part of Epicor’s comprehensive set of features. To help you see how Epicor ERP can boost your production performance, we’ve provided the following video as well as a list of three critical production management modules.
Master Production Schedule
The Master Production Schedule (MPS) enables manufacturers to take a proactive approach to production planning. Epicor’s forecasting and MPS functions can help you become more responsive and agile to fulfill customer demands. Some of these functions include:
- Support for unique manufacturing requirements, such as complex strategies, day-to-day control and long-range decision making
- Flexible forecasting, so you can generate product units or revenue forecasts from multiple historical sources and methods
- Import and export of historical information and forecasts from/to third-party applications
- Ability to accept forecasts from other companies within the enterprise, giving supply companies visibility of future demand without raising a firm inter-company order
- Automatic generation of MPS for forecasting
- Consideration of capacity, constraints and raw material procurement in making and altering MPS
Manufacturers are always looking for ways to cut waste and costs while still satisfying customers and meeting quality standards. Epicor includes sophisticated pull production capabilities to support lean manufacturing principles and help you maximize your bottom line. Here are some of those features:
- Real-time manufacturing Kanban to eliminate work orders by pulling parts through production as inventory or cell stocking levels fall below minimums
- Manufacturing flow Kanban to give downstream cells and suppliers visibility of future demand
- Real-time stock replenishment Kanban to move inventory as it is needed in a particular manufacturing cell, shipping area or customer consignment location
- Real-time purchase Kanban to replenish directly from suppliers and notify purchasing of required stock renewals
- MRP and Kanban synchronization to support hybrid approaches to lean manufacturing and each organization’s production requirements
- Production Activity tracker to evaluate production activity against lean performance metrics
Manually monitoring assets, processes and locations across your production environment is a losing game. Epicor’s Advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES) automatically collects and analyzes production metrics, so you can gain accurate, real-time visibility. Below are some of the most powerful Advanced MES capabilities:
- Comprehensive KPIs, such as OEE, run rates, scrap, yield, material consumption and more
- Automatic data collection to eradicate manual data entry errors and inefficiency
- Real-time alerts for machine conditions, process variations and more to speed up response times
- Full accessibility across mobile devices and in over 10 languages
- Quality management functions, such as SQC and SPC as well as automatic part qualification and rejection
- Tracking of maintenance schedules, equipment performance, energy consumption and statistical quality to optimize machine performance and improve preventative maintenance
Epicor’s rich functionality is designed for full production control. With support for MTO, MTS, ETO, CTO and mixed-mode processes, Epicor ERP is a comprehensive solution that enables a wide range of manufacturers to boost production performance.
An Epicor Gold Partner, Datix has helped manufacturers take full advantage of their ERP solution for over 20 years. From start to finish, our certified consultants implement and take care of your software to maximize ROI. We know how to align ERP with production requirements to deliver a robust, reliable solution.
Want to learn more about Epicor’s production capabilities? Contact one of our ERP experts today!