AI for Manufacturing
Once the realm of science fiction, artificial intelligence (AI) has made its foray into our lives and businesses in recent years. AI quickly interprets and learns from data to provide predictions and identify trends. For manufacturers, this technology proves especially vital. Manufacturers generate more data than any other business sector, but they also waste the most data. AI can help manufacturers leverage the full value of big data to improve decision making.
Recognizing the power of this technology, ERP vendors are introducing AI in their software to give manufacturers an all-in-one solution for managing enterprise data and processes. However, manufacturers are still unsure how to incorporate AI into their everyday practices. To guide you in capitalizing on AI capabilities, we’ve provided this video to show you how AI can help you on the shop floor and listed some of the benefits of AI for manufacturing.
- Natural language processing (NLP) and virtual agents make it easier for users to access data and execute tasks. Users can interact with AI-powered virtual agents via voice or text to gain real-time insights and notifications.
- Using AI, manufacturers can evaluate the condition of equipment and predict when maintenance should be performed. When you use machine learning for predictive maintenance, you can reduce unplanned machinery downtime and maintenance costs by 30%.
- AI provides 360-degree visibility across plants, lines and warehouses. This gives users insights to detect quality issues, reduce scrap and make other production improvements. This helps manufacturers increase production throughput by 20% and increase quality by 35%.
- AI optimizes production planning and scheduling, even for complex manufacturing processes. It analyzes material availability, production capacity and customer demand to recommend the best scheduling plan.
- Instead of manually counting inventory, you can utilize AI to analyze inventory and maintain appropriate stock levels. This helps your business reduce costs and waste.
- Algorithms can accurately predict shipping and delivery lead times to improve the customer experience.
- Deep-learning-based systems enable up to 90% improvement in defect detection, ensuring you maintain pristine product quality.
- AI simplifies manufacturing operations by fully automating complex tasks and requiring less manpower to maintain. It also gives businesses the agility to quickly revise production plans or immediately adjust material flow based on schedule or product changes.
- This technology improves employee productivity by making critical insights easily accessible. Engineers can immediately locate the type of material that should be used for a specific product, and manufacturers can use reports to predict orders.
- By automating repetitive processes and increasing visibility, AI delivers a better user experience. Employees can spend more time on enjoyable tasks, rather than perform mundane activities that could result in injury or fatigue.
Considering these benefits, it’s no wonder 85% of executives believe AI could give their companies a competitive advantage. A leading ERP vendor, Epicor wants to make sure its customers have all the competitive advantages they can get. That’s why it recently added the Epicor Virtual Agent (EVA) to its ERP solutions. EVA is an AI virtual agent that automates tasks and improves access to data. Epicor continues to invest in cutting-edge technology to optimize manufacturing performance.
At Datix, our certified consultants will help you make the most of your ERP solution. We’re an Epicor Gold Partner that has specialized in ERP for over 20 years. Our experts keep up with the latest software advancements to ensure each client is optimizing their processes from top to bottom. We work with manufacturers and distributors from start to finish to transform their businesses through software.
Don’t miss out on the exciting developments in AI and ERP. To learn more, get in touch with Datix today!